Suffolk home destroyed in fire
SUFFOLK, Virginia – Suffolk Fire & Rescue responded to a house fire in the 6200 block of Leafwood Road in the Holland area around 3:50am Sunday.
Neighbors called 911 to report the house fire. The residents were not home at the time.
Upon arrival, firefighters found the house was fully engulfed with fire and the roof had collapsed.
The fire was brought under control within an hour, and no injuries to firefighters were reported.
The homeowner was at work at the time of the fire.
Two adults and one teen have been displaced and are being assisted by the Suffolk Chapter of the American Red Cross.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- Cargo ship runs aground in high winds off Virginia Beach
- UPDATE: Two children dead after multi-vehicle crash in Sandbridge
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- VIDEO: Why it's not a good idea to take selfies with moving trains