Report: Mom throws kids out of window after military candle sparks fire
PETERSBURG, Va. (WTKR) — A mother and a police officer helped save two children from a burning apartment, according to a report from WTVR/CBS6 in Richmond, Va.
April Genao dropped her children, ages 1 and 5, out of her Petersburg apartment window early Tuesday morning after a candle, left burning in the home, started a fire. According to reports, Genao said she kept the candle burning to honor her husband who is currently deployed in Germany.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Man wants ‘murder’ tattoo removed from neck before trial
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found