Fort Bragg soldier among two killed in Afghanistan
A soldier from Fort Bragg was one of two killed by small-arms fire during an attack in Afghanistan on Monday.
The Defense says Capt. Andrew M. Pedersen-Keel, 28, of South Miami, Florida and Staff Sgt. Rex L. Schad, 26, of Edmond, Oklahoma were killed in Jalrez District.
Keel was assigned to the 1st Battalion, 3rd Special Forces Group (Airborne), Fort Bragg, N.C.
Schad was assigned to the 3rd Battalion, 69th Armor Regiment, 1st Armor Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, Fort Stewart, Ga.
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- VB Navy SEAL arrested for selling military weapons, ammunition
- UPDATE: Train derailment near Princess Anne Road and Ballentine Blvd. in Norfolk
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Video: Utah Jazz mascot gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head