Fort Bragg soldier among two killed in Afghanistan
A soldier from Fort Bragg was one of two killed by small-arms fire during an attack in Afghanistan on Monday.
The Defense says Capt. Andrew M. Pedersen-Keel, 28, of South Miami, Florida and Staff Sgt. Rex L. Schad, 26, of Edmond, Oklahoma were killed in Jalrez District.
Keel was assigned to the 1st Battalion, 3rd Special Forces Group (Airborne), Fort Bragg, N.C.
Schad was assigned to the 3rd Battalion, 69th Armor Regiment, 1st Armor Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, Fort Stewart, Ga.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Girl receives over 200 stitches in her head after vicious pit bull attack in Newport News
- Slain officer's text messages will be evidence at murder trial
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home