Fort Bragg soldier among two killed in Afghanistan
A soldier from Fort Bragg was one of two killed by small-arms fire during an attack in Afghanistan on Monday.
The Defense says Capt. Andrew M. Pedersen-Keel, 28, of South Miami, Florida and Staff Sgt. Rex L. Schad, 26, of Edmond, Oklahoma were killed in Jalrez District.
Keel was assigned to the 1st Battalion, 3rd Special Forces Group (Airborne), Fort Bragg, N.C.
Schad was assigned to the 3rd Battalion, 69th Armor Regiment, 1st Armor Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, Fort Stewart, Ga.
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- Woman's body found on Yorktown Beach
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million