Can you change clothes in 10 seconds? The Jersey Boys cast can!
The Broadway musical Jersey Boys has everyone singing at Chrysler Hall this week. It’s the true story of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons. We hear a lot about the guys in the show, but what about the Jersey Girls? NewsChannel 3’s Juliet Bickford went behind the scenes to find out!
It looks like there are dozens of women in the cast, but every part is played by just three actresses! Their names are Kaylee, Rachel and Marlana. Each actress juggles 18 costumes and 12 wigs in a small changing booth backstage. Collectively, the actresses play more than 50 characters in the show. That means a lot of quick changes!
Marlena showed us her quickest change in the show! It happens in just seconds. We timed her and she changed her clothes, shoes, wig and all in less than 20 seconds!
Marlana gets a little help from dressers who do everything from zipping her dress, to fastening her shoes, and placing her custom-fitted wig.
A little backstage magic and some well-rehearsed choreography transform the cast of three into dozens of different characters that will steam your heart in Jersey Boys!
The show is playing now through Saturday at Chrysler Hall, including a Friday afternoon matinee.
If you haven’t seen the show yet or if you’d like to see it again, click here for ticket information.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- One person rushed to hospital after double shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'