Suffolk dad sentenced in shooting of 3-year-old son
Suffolk, Va. –Michael Anthony Goodman, a Suffolk father, has been sentenced in connection to the shooting of his 3-year-old son last year.
He was sentenced to 25 years in jail with all but 6 years and 11 months suspended.
Goodman pleaded guilty in November to attempted malicious wounding, malicious wounding, child abuse, disregard for life, use of a firearm in commission of a felony and child abuse and serious injury.
Police say he accidentally shot his son in the shoulder during an argument with the child’s mother and a friend.
Goodman fired shots in the friend’s direction, but his son was hit according to the documents.
After Goodman was arrested, he said his son shot himself after finding a gun in his car police say.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for more updates.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend