Suffolk dad sentenced in shooting of 3-year-old son
Suffolk, Va. –Michael Anthony Goodman, a Suffolk father, has been sentenced in connection to the shooting of his 3-year-old son last year.
He was sentenced to 25 years in jail with all but 6 years and 11 months suspended.
Goodman pleaded guilty in November to attempted malicious wounding, malicious wounding, child abuse, disregard for life, use of a firearm in commission of a felony and child abuse and serious injury.
Police say he accidentally shot his son in the shoulder during an argument with the child’s mother and a friend.
Goodman fired shots in the friend’s direction, but his son was hit according to the documents.
After Goodman was arrested, he said his son shot himself after finding a gun in his car police say.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for more updates.
- Man accused of stealing from dying friend now a fugitive
- UPDATE: Bonner Bridge closes over safety concerns
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Washington and Lee student killed, 9 injured in crash
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says