Defense Department furloughs could start at the end of April
According to the Department of Defense, furloughs may begin on April 26 with almost no exceptions. This will occur if Congress fails to end sequestration.
The majority of the DoD’s civilian workforce could start to get notifications as early as next week that they should expect to be furloughed for 22 days this year according to reports.
The actual furloughs may start before the end of April.
Each worker will have one week to challenge the proposed furlough. Thirty days after an employee is notified the furlough can begin the report says.
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach