Defense Department furloughs could start at the end of April
According to the Department of Defense, furloughs may begin on April 26 with almost no exceptions. This will occur if Congress fails to end sequestration.
The majority of the DoD’s civilian workforce could start to get notifications as early as next week that they should expect to be furloughed for 22 days this year according to reports.
The actual furloughs may start before the end of April.
Each worker will have one week to challenge the proposed furlough. Thirty days after an employee is notified the furlough can begin the report says.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery