Report: Facebook ‘likes’ predict personality
Sexuality, political leanings and even intelligence can be gleaned from the things you choose to “like” on Facebook, a study suggests. That’s according to a report from BBC News Technology.
The report says researchers at Cambridge University used algorithms to predict religion, politics, race and sexual orientation.
The study used 58,000 volunteers who alongside their Facebook “likes” and demographic information also provided psychometric testing results – designed to highlight personality traits.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Man wants ‘murder’ tattoo removed from neck before trial
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found