Report: Facebook ‘likes’ predict personality
Sexuality, political leanings and even intelligence can be gleaned from the things you choose to “like” on Facebook, a study suggests. That’s according to a report from BBC News Technology.
The report says researchers at Cambridge University used algorithms to predict religion, politics, race and sexual orientation.
The study used 58,000 volunteers who alongside their Facebook “likes” and demographic information also provided psychometric testing results – designed to highlight personality traits.
- Hampton Roads veterans still waiting up to 30 months for disability claims
- You're eating more calories than you think
- Dolphins surf new submarine's bow wave (video)
- Beach stabbing victim: 'The knife was just in my back, like a ninja' (Video)
- College student from Yorktown wins $1 million lottery prize