Report: Facebook ‘likes’ predict personality
Sexuality, political leanings and even intelligence can be gleaned from the things you choose to “like” on Facebook, a study suggests. That’s according to a report from BBC News Technology.
The report says researchers at Cambridge University used algorithms to predict religion, politics, race and sexual orientation.
The study used 58,000 volunteers who alongside their Facebook “likes” and demographic information also provided psychometric testing results – designed to highlight personality traits.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- One person rushed to hospital after double shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'