Report: Facebook ‘likes’ predict personality
Sexuality, political leanings and even intelligence can be gleaned from the things you choose to “like” on Facebook, a study suggests. That’s according to a report from BBC News Technology.
The report says researchers at Cambridge University used algorithms to predict religion, politics, race and sexual orientation.
The study used 58,000 volunteers who alongside their Facebook “likes” and demographic information also provided psychometric testing results – designed to highlight personality traits.
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- UPDATE: "Katherine" the Great White Shark spotted in the surf off Kitty Hawk
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down
- Some mail sent to sailors aboard the USS Harry S. Truman was lost at sea
- Update: Driver charged after Amtrak train from Norfolk hits car in Waverly