USS Kearsarge Amphibious Ready Group deploys after delay
The Kearsarge Amphibious Ready Group left Hampton Roads today after being delayed for winds and strong waves.
The USS Kearsarge and USS San Antonio left Naval Station Norfolk Monday.
The ships, along with the USS Carter Hall, will now head down to Camp Lejeune in North Carolina to pick up marines before heading to the Middle East.
Family and friends were lined up today to get in their last goodbyes before the ship left.
The USS Carter Hall left from JEB Little Creek Fort Story Monday.
There’s no word yet on how long the amphibious ready group will be deployed.
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket