USS Kearsarge Amphibious Ready Group deploys after delay
The Kearsarge Amphibious Ready Group left Hampton Roads today after being delayed for winds and strong waves.
The USS Kearsarge and USS San Antonio left Naval Station Norfolk Monday.
The ships, along with the USS Carter Hall, will now head down to Camp Lejeune in North Carolina to pick up marines before heading to the Middle East.
Family and friends were lined up today to get in their last goodbyes before the ship left.
The USS Carter Hall left from JEB Little Creek Fort Story Monday.
There’s no word yet on how long the amphibious ready group will be deployed.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend