USS Kearsarge Amphibious Ready Group deploys after delay
The Kearsarge Amphibious Ready Group left Hampton Roads today after being delayed for winds and strong waves.
The USS Kearsarge and USS San Antonio left Naval Station Norfolk Monday.
The ships, along with the USS Carter Hall, will now head down to Camp Lejeune in North Carolina to pick up marines before heading to the Middle East.
Family and friends were lined up today to get in their last goodbyes before the ship left.
The USS Carter Hall left from JEB Little Creek Fort Story Monday.
There’s no word yet on how long the amphibious ready group will be deployed.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- UPDATE: Crews free stuck cargo ship