Report says dairy is leading cause of acne
Dairy products and foods with a high glycemic index are the leading causes of acne, according to a review published in the March issue of the Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
According to a report from the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine, researchers examined the evidence between acne and diet and found that certain products, particularly cow’s milk, produce and stimulate hormones linked with acne.
The report also says the association does not seem to be related to the fat content of milk, as low-fat milk had an even greater association with acne, compared with high-fat milk.
Read more from the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine, HERE.
- 339 gallons of moonshine, 18 weapons seized from Danville ranch
- Two charged after children found in padlocked camper in deplorable conditions
- Facebook comments may have led to at least one of the Eastern Shore arsons
- Receipt profanity angers dad who took young son to sports bar
- Viral video: What’s behind the door?