Report says dairy is leading cause of acne
Dairy products and foods with a high glycemic index are the leading causes of acne, according to a review published in the March issue of the Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
According to a report from the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine, researchers examined the evidence between acne and diet and found that certain products, particularly cow’s milk, produce and stimulate hormones linked with acne.
The report also says the association does not seem to be related to the fat content of milk, as low-fat milk had an even greater association with acne, compared with high-fat milk.
Read more from the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine, HERE.
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down
- "Katherine" the 14-foot-long shark could be headed to Virginia Beach
- Update: Driver charged after Amtrak train from Norfolk hits car in Waverly
- Some mail sent to sailors aboard the USS Harry S. Truman was lost at sea