Report says dairy is leading cause of acne
Dairy products and foods with a high glycemic index are the leading causes of acne, according to a review published in the March issue of the Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
According to a report from the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine, researchers examined the evidence between acne and diet and found that certain products, particularly cow’s milk, produce and stimulate hormones linked with acne.
The report also says the association does not seem to be related to the fat content of milk, as low-fat milk had an even greater association with acne, compared with high-fat milk.
Read more from the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine, HERE.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- One person rushed to hospital after double shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'