Public meetings for NC12 long-term solution
NCDOT will hold a series of public meetings in March to discuss the long-term solution for the section of N.C. 12 on Pea Island breached by Hurricane Irene in 2011.
NCDOT has recently released a document called an Environmental Assessment, which identifies the preferred alternative as the permanent bridge within the existing easement. It would be built where the temporary bridge on N.C. 12 now stands.
NCDOT will host three informal public meetings to discuss the project at several locations along the Outer Banks. Read more about the public meetings, HERE.
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- ‘Little hero’ uses Facetime to save his mom