Norfolk sailor accused in shooting death
Norfolk, Va. – Sailor Joseph Chatfield is now behind bars for allegedly shooting and killing a man inside his home.
Those who know Chatfield say he is a good man.
Friends and family call him Jessie. They say the 25-year-old is a devoted husband and father.
Norfolk police have accused him of shooting 35-year-old Casey Hardesty yesterday morning in his home on Glenoak Drive.
Hardesty later died after being transported to the hospital.
Those who know Chatfield say he has never been a violent man.
“I was extremely, extremely shocked. Not that kind of person. He’s got a wife and a daughter that he loves very much and you can tell by his Facebook page that he’s all about his daughter so, he’s not violent and doesn’t seem like that kind of guy” says neighbor Cliffton Elliot.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Man wants ‘murder’ tattoo removed from neck before trial
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found