UPDATE: NC 12 at Mirlo Beach will remain closed Saturday night into Sunday for repairs
UPDATE: NC 12 at Mirlo Beach will remain closed Saturday night into Sunday for DOT to make repairs.
NCDOT officials say NC 12 may see more ocean overwash Saturday night and for the next several days at high tide after sections of the road were closed again for several hours Saturday morning.
Water remains in some areas of the road and drivers are advised to take caution.
Travelers can also call 800-293-3779 (BY-FERRY) and Press 1 for up-to-date ferry information, or sign up to receive Tweets on their personal cell phones by going to www.twitter.com/ncdot_ferry.
- Man accused of stealing from dying friend now a fugitive
- Officials discuss plans to repair closed Bonner Bridge
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Washington and Lee student killed, 9 injured in crash
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says