Hatteras – Ocracoke ferries running amended schedule
Manns Harbor, N.C. – NCDOT’s Ferry Division is running an amended two-boat schedule on the Hatteras-Ocracoke route. Shoaling on the Ocracoke side is making it difficult for the smaller vessels to maneuver in and out of the dock.
Dredging operations are scheduled to be complete by March 31, at which time the division is anticipated to resume normal operations of this run.
The following departure schedule is currently in place:
8 p.m. .
The division will continue to monitor traffic demands and additional runs may be added as necessary.
For schedule information, please call the Hatteras terminal at (252) 986-2353 or Ocracoke terminal at (252) 928-1665.
Travelers can also call 800-293-3779 (BY-FERRY) and Press 1 for up-to-date ferry information, or sign up to receive Tweets on their personal cell phones by going to www.twitter.com/ncdot_ferry.
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- UPDATE: "Katherine" the Great White Shark spotted in the surf off Kitty Hawk
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down
- Some mail sent to sailors aboard the USS Harry S. Truman was lost at sea
- Update: Driver charged after Amtrak train from Norfolk hits car in Waverly