Update: Suspect charged in Norfolk shooting death
Update: Norfolk police have arrested and charged 25-year-old Joseph Clark Chatfield of the 6600 block of Glenoak Drive in Norfolk, Virginia.
He is charged with Murder and Use of Firearm. Clark is being held in the City Jail, police say.
Norfolk, Va. - Norfolk police have identified the man who was shot and killed in Norfolk overnight.
The victim has been identified as 35-year-old Casey E. Hardesty of the 3000 block of Beach View Street in Norfolk.
Police tell NewsChannel 3 someone shot and killed Hardesty early Friday morning. The call came into the emergency dispatch center for an adult male gunshot victim, at approximately 2:56 a.m., in the 6600 block of Glenoak Drive.
Hardesty was transported to Sentara Norfolk General Hospital, where he was pronounced deceased.
Investigators are currently questioning an adult male suspect, and interviewing witnesses at this time.
A motive has not yet been established, officials say.
Anyone with information regarding this homicide is asked to call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found