Easter Sunrise Service to be held on JEB Little Creek-Fort Story
Virginia Beach, Va. – The public is invited to take part in the annual Easter Sunrise Service at the historic Cape Henry Memorial Cross on Fort Story.
Joint Expeditionary Base Little Creek – Fort Story will host its 86th annual Easter Sunrise Service at 6:30 a.m., Sunday, March 31st at the historic Cape Henry Memorial Cross on Fort Story.
The guest speaker for this years’ service will be Dr. Dale M. Coulter of Regent University. Also participating will be Joint Base Commander, Capt. Frank E. Hughlett and Mayor William D. Sessoms, Jr., from the City of Virginia Beach.
The service site is historically rich dating back more than four hundred years since the first settlers came ashore on April 26, 1607. The on-site memorial cross was erected in 1935 by the Daughters of the American Colonists to commemorate the raising of a cross by the first settlers who came ashore in 1607.
The Cape Henry Memorial Cross is a part of the Colonial National Historical Park administered by the National Park Service.
The public is invited to participate in the annual event. For more information, please call the JEBFS Chapel at 757-422-7665.
- 339 gallons of moonshine, 18 weapons seized from Danville ranch
- Two charged after children found in padlocked camper in deplorable conditions
- Facebook comments may have led to at least one of the Eastern Shore arsons
- Receipt profanity angers dad who took young son to sports bar
- Viral video: What’s behind the door?