Easter Sunrise Service to be held on JEB Little Creek-Fort Story
Virginia Beach, Va. – The public is invited to take part in the annual Easter Sunrise Service at the historic Cape Henry Memorial Cross on Fort Story.
Joint Expeditionary Base Little Creek – Fort Story will host its 86th annual Easter Sunrise Service at 6:30 a.m., Sunday, March 31st at the historic Cape Henry Memorial Cross on Fort Story.
The guest speaker for this years’ service will be Dr. Dale M. Coulter of Regent University. Also participating will be Joint Base Commander, Capt. Frank E. Hughlett and Mayor William D. Sessoms, Jr., from the City of Virginia Beach.
The service site is historically rich dating back more than four hundred years since the first settlers came ashore on April 26, 1607. The on-site memorial cross was erected in 1935 by the Daughters of the American Colonists to commemorate the raising of a cross by the first settlers who came ashore in 1607.
The Cape Henry Memorial Cross is a part of the Colonial National Historical Park administered by the National Park Service.
The public is invited to participate in the annual event. For more information, please call the JEBFS Chapel at 757-422-7665.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Girl receives over 200 stitches in her head after vicious pit bull attack in Newport News
- Slain officer's text messages will be evidence at murder trial
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home