Norfolk, Va. – According to Captain Mike Hicks of Norfolk Fire Rescue, crews responded to the 5400 block of Bayberry Drive in the Poplar Hall section of the city around 12:25 p.m. Thursday.
Fire units were called to respond to a house fire. Crews arrived on scene and found smoke showing, entered the home, and “knocked down” a small kitchen fire caused by unattended cooking.
Everyone was out of the home when units arrived, according to Captain Hicks.
No injuries were reported in the fire.
Watch NewsChannel 3 for updates.