No injuries reported in Norfolk house fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Norfolk, Va. – According to Captain Mike Hicks of Norfolk Fire Rescue, crews responded to the 5400 block of Bayberry Drive in the Poplar Hall section of the city around 12:25 p.m. Thursday.

Fire units were called to respond to a house fire. Crews arrived on scene and found smoke showing, entered the home, and “knocked down” a small kitchen fire caused by unattended cooking.

Everyone was out of the home when units arrived, according to Captain Hicks.

No injuries were reported in the fire.

Watch NewsChannel 3 for updates.