Sound side flooding reported on NC12
Dare County, N.C.–Officials in Dare County say there is sound side flooding on NC12 south of the Oregon Inlet Bridge in spots south of the New Inlet temporary bridge.
Water is standing in areas 6” deep in places. There is also some flooding in the Tri-Village (Rodanthe, Salvo, Waves) area in places.
They say this is all from the sound side.
Right now, there is no ocean over wash reported in the Mirlo Beach area. The road remains open.
Officials are urging motorists to exercise caution in these areas.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for more updates.
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- UPDATE: Train derailment near Princess Anne Road and Ballentine Blvd. in Norfolk
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Dominion Blvd. emergency closure in place
- Police investigating after man claiming workers' comp treated day before for sports injury