Sound side flooding reported on NC12
Dare County, N.C.–Officials in Dare County say there is sound side flooding on NC12 south of the Oregon Inlet Bridge in spots south of the New Inlet temporary bridge.
Water is standing in areas 6” deep in places. There is also some flooding in the Tri-Village (Rodanthe, Salvo, Waves) area in places.
They say this is all from the sound side.
Right now, there is no ocean over wash reported in the Mirlo Beach area. The road remains open.
Officials are urging motorists to exercise caution in these areas.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for more updates.
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time
- Family, friends gather to remember two girls killed in Ahoskie fire
- Father and son among three arrested in Kitty Hawk drug investigation
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales