Service on the Hatteras-Ocracoke Ferry Route suspended due to weather conditions
Service on the Hatteras-Ocracoke ferry route has been suspended due to high winds and building seas caused by a winter storm on the North Carolina coast.
Crews are monitoring the weather conditions and as soon as they improve enough to allow for safe travel on the route, normal operations will resume.
Similar weather conditions earlier in the day caused the cancellation of 14 scheduled runs for the Cherry Branch-Minnesott Beach route, although service is continuing this afternoon.
The windy conditions could cause similar changes for other routes. Travelers who have reservations or plans to use ferry routes are advised to check with the departure terminal for up-to-date information. The phone numbers are:
- Ocracoke – (252) 928-1665
- Cedar Island – (252) 225-7411
- Swan Quarter – (252) 926-6021
- Hatteras – (252) 986-2353
- Cherry Branch – (252) 447-1055
- Southport – (910) 457-6942
- Fort Fisher – (910) 458-3329
- Bayview-Aurora – (252) 964-4521
- Currituck-Knotts Island – (252) 232-2683
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for more updates.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time