Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel closed in both directions
UPDATE: The CBBT is now open with no wind restrictions
Both directions of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel have been closed indefinitely.
Deputy Director Tom Anderson with the CBBT says wind gust on the third island have been recorded as high as 100 miles per hour.
No word on when the bridge-tunnel will reopen.
Stay tuned to NewsChannel 3 at for the latest on this breaking story.
- UPDATE: Two girls die after crash in Sandbridge, five others hospitalized
- UPDATE: Cargo ship runs aground in Virginia Beach; crews to start salvage plan Friday
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call