Work scheduled for I-264 East at the Berkley Bridge
Norfolk, Va. – VDOT crews will close Interstate 264 east at the Berkley Bridge on Sunday, Mar. 10, 2013, from 3 a.m. to 10 a.m., for bridge maintenance activities.
After crews complete the maintenance activities, the eastbound lanes will be reopened.
During the closure, motorists should use the I-64 High Rise Bridge or US Route 58 Midtown Tunnel as alternate routes. Additionally, the South Norfolk Jordan Bridge in Chesapeake can be used as an alternate tolled route.
For more information about this option, visit www.snjb.net.
Westbound traffic will not be impacted. VDOT attempts to schedule maintenance during travel periods when traffic volumes are lower, to reduce impact to motorists.
In the coming weeks, VDOT will need to perform more work on the bridge span. The following Sunday in March also has a scheduled closure:
Sunday, March 24, 2013 from 4 a.m. to 10 a.m. - All westbound lanes closed at the Berkley Bridge (from Norfolk towards Portsmouth).
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery