NCDOT ferry runs may be interrupted by storm
Manns Harbor, N.C. – The N.C. Department of Transportation’s ferry routes could be affected by the storm expected to hit the coastal area on Wednesday and Thursday.
The National Weather Service says the storm could bring strong gusty winds and possible coastal flooding. Gale watches are posted along the North Carolina coast.
NCDOT Ferry Division crews have prepared their docking facilities to be ready in case routes need to be shut down when the storm arrives, making ferry travel potentially unsafe.
Travelers who have reservations or plans to use ferry routes are advised to check with the departure terminal for up-to-date information. The phone numbers are:
- Ocracoke – (252) 928-1665
- Cedar Island – (252) 225-7411
- Swan Quarter – (252) 926-6021
- Hatteras – (252) 986-2353
- Cherry Branch – (252) 447-1055
- Southport – (910) 457-6942
- Fort Fisher – (910) 458-3329
- Bayview-Aurora – (252) 964-4521
- Currituck-Knotts Island – (252) 232-2683
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery