Low lying areas of Lynnhaven Basin may flood during storm
Virginia Beach, Va.—The city of Virginia Beach is warning citizens about the developing coastal storm.
They say the storm may cause higher than normal tides and it may flood in low lying areas of the Lynnhaven Basin.
They say properties lower than four feet above sea level are the most vulnerable and they include Bay Colony, Bay Island, Birdneck, Lynnhaven Colony, Ocean Park and Thalia.
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- UPDATE: Train derailment near Princess Anne Road and Ballentine Blvd. in Norfolk
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Dominion Blvd. emergency closure in place
- Grandy EMT allegedly hid camera in bunk room, Radio Shack tanning booth