Kearsarge Amphibious Ready group to deploy Friday
Norfolk, Va.–On March 8th, the Kearsarge Amphibious Ready Group (KSGARG) and 26th Marine Expeditionary Unit (26 MEU) will deploy from Norfolk and Camp Lejeune, N.C.
This deployment is part of a regular rotation of forces to support maritime security operations, provide crisis response capability, and increase theater security cooperation and forward naval presence in the U.S. Navy’s 5th and 6th Fleet areas of operation.
The KSGARG is commanded by Capt. John B. (Brad) Skillman, commodore, Amphibious Squadron (PHIBRON) 4, and is comprised of multipurpose amphibious assault ship USS Kearsarge (LHD 3) and amphibious transport dock USS San Antonio (LPD 17), both homeported at Naval Station Norfolk, and amphibious dock landing ship USS Carter Hall (LSD 50) homeported at Joint Expeditionary Base Little Creek-Fort Story, Va.
The 26th MEU is commanded by Col. Matthew G. St. Clair and is comprised of the 26th Marine Expeditionary Unit, which includes a Ground Combat Element, Battalion Landing Team, 3rd Battalion, 2nd Marine Regiment; Aviation Combat Element, Marine Medium Tiltrotor Squadron 266; Logistics Combat Element, Combat Logistics Battalion 26; and its command element.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Man wants ‘murder’ tattoo removed from neck before trial
- Victim's family angry after killer gets unsupervised leave