Update: Victim identified in Suffolk homicide investigation
Suffolk, Va. – Suffolk police are now investigating a homicide in the 6000 block of Repass Beach Road.
Police have identified the victim as 20-year-old Antonio Boone of the 6000 block of Brookwood Drive.
Calls came in at around 11:51 a.m. on Tuesday, March 5, 2013, about a body near the roadway.
Northern Shores Elementary was placed on lockdown because of the incident.
Police say afternoon buses were re-routed through the Burbage Lakes Circle and Burbage Drive.
The school was placed in Code Yellow, which means instruction continues with the classroom doors locked and authorized personnel allowed in the hallways.
If you have any information about the incident, call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video
- Suffolk mom targeted by online child porn scam