Update: Victim identified in Suffolk homicide investigation
Suffolk, Va. – Suffolk police are now investigating a homicide in the 6000 block of Repass Beach Road.
Police have identified the victim as 20-year-old Antonio Boone of the 6000 block of Brookwood Drive.
Calls came in at around 11:51 a.m. on Tuesday, March 5, 2013, about a body near the roadway.
Northern Shores Elementary was placed on lockdown because of the incident.
Police say afternoon buses were re-routed through the Burbage Lakes Circle and Burbage Drive.
The school was placed in Code Yellow, which means instruction continues with the classroom doors locked and authorized personnel allowed in the hallways.
If you have any information about the incident, call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen