Update: Victim identified in Suffolk homicide investigation
Suffolk, Va. – Suffolk police are now investigating a homicide in the 6000 block of Repass Beach Road.
Police have identified the victim as 20-year-old Antonio Boone of the 6000 block of Brookwood Drive.
Calls came in at around 11:51 a.m. on Tuesday, March 5, 2013, about a body near the roadway.
Northern Shores Elementary was placed on lockdown because of the incident.
Police say afternoon buses were re-routed through the Burbage Lakes Circle and Burbage Drive.
The school was placed in Code Yellow, which means instruction continues with the classroom doors locked and authorized personnel allowed in the hallways.
If you have any information about the incident, call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.
- Cargo ship runs aground in high winds off Virginia Beach
- UPDATE: Police identify two children dead after multi-vehicle crash in Sandbridge
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call