Small jet attempting emergency landing in Illinois
By CNN Staff
(CNN) — The pilot of a light aircraft with landing gear problems was preparing to make an emergency landing at St. Louis Downtown Airport in Cahokia, Illinois, airport officials said.
CNN affiliate KTVI said eight people were aboard the Learjet, which was circling over the airport located just across the Mississippi River from St. Louis.
Ambulances and other emergency equipment were standing by, according to the airport.
™ & © 2013 Cable News Network, Inc., a Time Warner Company. All rights reserved.
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video
- Suffolk mom targeted by online child porn scam