Small jet attempting emergency landing in Illinois
By CNN Staff
(CNN) — The pilot of a light aircraft with landing gear problems was preparing to make an emergency landing at St. Louis Downtown Airport in Cahokia, Illinois, airport officials said.
CNN affiliate KTVI said eight people were aboard the Learjet, which was circling over the airport located just across the Mississippi River from St. Louis.
Ambulances and other emergency equipment were standing by, according to the airport.
™ & © 2013 Cable News Network, Inc., a Time Warner Company. All rights reserved.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel