Small jet attempting emergency landing in Illinois
By CNN Staff
(CNN) — The pilot of a light aircraft with landing gear problems was preparing to make an emergency landing at St. Louis Downtown Airport in Cahokia, Illinois, airport officials said.
CNN affiliate KTVI said eight people were aboard the Learjet, which was circling over the airport located just across the Mississippi River from St. Louis.
Ambulances and other emergency equipment were standing by, according to the airport.
™ & © 2013 Cable News Network, Inc., a Time Warner Company. All rights reserved.
- UPDATE: Two girls die after crash in Sandbridge, five others hospitalized
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- The real story behind the ‘train selfie’ and the man kicked in head by ‘conductor’