Small jet attempting emergency landing in Illinois
By CNN Staff
(CNN) — The pilot of a light aircraft with landing gear problems was preparing to make an emergency landing at St. Louis Downtown Airport in Cahokia, Illinois, airport officials said.
CNN affiliate KTVI said eight people were aboard the Learjet, which was circling over the airport located just across the Mississippi River from St. Louis.
Ambulances and other emergency equipment were standing by, according to the airport.
™ & © 2013 Cable News Network, Inc., a Time Warner Company. All rights reserved.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen