Two people killed in separate car crashes in Virginia Beach
Virginia Beach, Va. – According to police, two people were killed Saturday night in Virginia Beach in two separate car accidents.
The first one happened shortly after 4 p.m. on Princess Anne Road near Fitztown Road. Police say an elderly driver went straight instead of turning at a bend in the road. The driver crossed two driveways, struck a mailbox and then hit a tree. That person was pronounced dead at an area hospital.
The second accident took place around 5:30 p.m. near the intersection of Ansol Lane and Armon Lane in the Lynnhaven section of the city. Police say there were three people in a car traveling west on Ansole Lane. The driver did not turn at a curve in the road and hit a tree. One person died at the scene. Two other people were taken to a hospital and are expected to survive.
Police have not released any information yet about who was killed.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home
- UPDATE: Company says ailing 7-year-old will get drug as part of study
- UPDATE: Man shot to death in car in Portsmouth identified