Adult man fakes transcripts to join high school basketball team
MEMPHIS, TN (WREG) – One 22-year-old man was a man amongst boys. He is accused of using fake transcripts to join a high school basketball team.
According to a WREG report, the married man’s wife signed documents stating that she was his guardian. He then enrolled in the school with students to live out his high school hoop dreams.
School officials say the adult’s involvement with the team has been reported to the Tennessee Secondary School Athletic Association (TSSAA). The adult was deemed an ineligible player on the Ridgeway team.
Ridgeway was in the midst of the Tennessee AAA Basketball Tournament Series. The school decided to forfeit their Tuesday, 90 – 71, victory over area rival Whitehaven High School. The forfeit has eliminated Ridgeway from the 2013 title hunt.
The adults attendance amongst underage students is also a violation of M.C.S. (Memphis City Schools) policy. Memphis school officials are continuing investigation into the matter.
For more details, visit: WREG.COM
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales