USNS Comfort arrives in Norfolk
Norfolk, Va. – Today, the hospital ship USNS Comfort arrived at its new home in Norfolk. It came from Baltimore.
Baltimore served as her homeport for the last 25 years.
The Navy decided to move the Comfort to Norfolk to put her closer to staff and supplies, while also saving lots of money.
Doctors on the USNS Comfort have performed thousands of life-saving surgeries and treated more than a million patients.
She will be deployed next month to central and south America to deliver medical care to folks in at least six different countries.
According to a report from CBS Baltimore, “logistics and money” are the reasons for the transfer.
Read more about USNS Comfort from CBS Baltimore, HERE.
- Hampton Roads veterans still waiting up to 30 months for disability claims
- You're eating more calories than you think
- Dolphins surf new submarine's bow wave (video)
- Beach stabbing victim: 'The knife was just in my back, like a ninja' (Video)
- College student from Yorktown wins $1 million lottery prize