Taking Action Getting a Job: Family Counselor
Job Number: 350291
Job Description: Family Counselor
Leading Mental Health Care Provider is seeking Family Counselors to provide Intensive In-home Services and Mental Health Support Services to children and adults in the Hampton Roads area. Counselors are responsible for assessing the needs of the family as well as the development and implementation of Individualized Service Plans to include case management needs. Counselors must have an acceptable driving record and be willing to travel throughout the Hampton Roads area to provide services.
Qualifications for these positions include:
- Bachelors Degree in Counseling, Social Work or related field;
- At least two years experience working with children and adults who have a DSM IV diagnosis;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- A valid Virginia driver’s license and personal automobile;
- Must meet Medicaid criteria as QMHP-C
Background check and current DMV record required.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Girl receives over 200 stitches in her head after vicious pit bull attack in Newport News
- Slain officer's text messages will be evidence at murder trial
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home