Several detained after police exchange fire with people inside Newport News home
Newport News, Va. – Several people were arrested Thursday night after officers were fired upon as they tried to serve a warrant at a home in Newport News.
Officers returned fire and removed and detained several people from the home before a tactical team arrived and made sure the house was clear.
It all began around 7:10 p.m. when officers arrived at a house in the 2000 block of Chestnut Avenue to serve a warrant.
At 7:13 p.m., police say shots were fired from inside the house and officers on the scene returned fire.
They set up a perimeter and the tactical team went to the scene. No one was hurt in the incident.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Man wants ‘murder’ tattoo removed from neck before trial
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found