Navy releases names of divers who died during training exercise
Virginia Beach, Va. - The Navy has now released the names of the two divers who died in a diving accident in Maryland on Feb. 26. Darragh Copley is live Virginia Beach with this morning’s update.
They’ve been identified as Navy Diver 1st Class James Reyher, 28, of Caldwell, Ohio, and Navy Diver 2nd Class Ryan Harris, 23, of Gladstone, Mo.
They died while conducting dive operations at the Aberdeen Proving Grounds in Aberdeen, Md.
Both were assigned to Mobile Diving and Salvage Unit (MDSU) 2, located at Joint Expeditionary Base Little Creek-Ft. Story.
Watch NewsChannel 3 for details as they are released.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales