Navy releases names of divers who died during training exercise
Virginia Beach, Va. - The Navy has now released the names of the two divers who died in a diving accident in Maryland on Feb. 26. Darragh Copley is live Virginia Beach with this morning’s update.
They’ve been identified as Navy Diver 1st Class James Reyher, 28, of Caldwell, Ohio, and Navy Diver 2nd Class Ryan Harris, 23, of Gladstone, Mo.
They died while conducting dive operations at the Aberdeen Proving Grounds in Aberdeen, Md.
Both were assigned to Mobile Diving and Salvage Unit (MDSU) 2, located at Joint Expeditionary Base Little Creek-Ft. Story.
Watch NewsChannel 3 for details as they are released.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel