Former Chesapeake police chaplain arrested, charged with soliciting a child using a computer
Chesapeake, VA. – Chesapeake police have arrested a pastor and former police chaplain for computer solicitation of a child.
32-year-old Haden Conrad is accused of exposing his genitals via webcam to an undercover Sheriff’s Deputy in Spotsylvania County posing as a fourteen year old female. Conrad met the deputy in an online chat room.
One of the places investigators searched was a church on Chesapeake Avenue.
The website for ‘Chesapeake Avenue United Methodist Church’ lists Haden Conrad as its pastor. He’s been there since 2011.
Until Wednesday, Conrad was a Chaplain for the Chesapeake Police Department.
Officials say on February 27, police served simultaneous search warrants at Conrad’s residence on Orville Avenue and place of business, located in the 1200 block of Chesapeake Avenue.
Conrad was arrested and charged with Computer Solicitation of a Child Under the age of 15. He is being held in the Chesapeake City jail.
Faces of meth
Va. vanity plates
Topless PTSD fight
Way too tan
- Hampton Roads veterans still waiting up to 30 months for disability claims
- Dolphins surf new submarine's bow wave (video)
- You're eating more calories than you think
- Beach stabbing victim: 'The knife was just in my back, like a ninja' (Video)
- College student from Yorktown wins $1 million lottery prize