Route 17 James River Bridge maintenance work
Isle of Wight – VDOT crews have scheduled multiple lane closures in each direction at the Route 17 James River Bridge (JRB) during the evenings of Wednesday, Feb. 27, and Thursday, Feb. 28, and the weekend of Friday, March 1, in order for crews to perform bridge maintenance.
The schedule is as follows:
Wednesday, Feb. 27, from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m.—one northbound lane closed (toward Newport News)
Wednesday, Feb. 27, from 11 p.m. until Thursday, Feb. 28 at 4 a.m.—both northbound lanes closed to traffic (toward Newport News)
Thursday, Feb. 28, from 8 p.m. until Friday, Mar. 1, at 1 a.m.—one southbound lane closed (toward Isle of Wight County)
Friday, Mar. 1, from 1 a.m. until 3 a.m.—both southbound lanes closed to traffic (toward Isle of Wight County)
In addition to the weeknight closures, single-lane, weekend closures are scheduled for both the northbound and southbound lanes. Beginning, Friday, Mar. 1, at 9 p.m., through Monday, Mar. 4, at 5 a.m., the left lane in both directions will be closed to traffic.
The right lane in each direction will remain open to traffic. Work is weather dependent.
Motorists should anticipate delays in both directions and avoid the area if possible. During the closures the I-664 Monitor-Merrimac Memorial Bridge-Tunnel can be used as an alternate route.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found