Route 17 James River Bridge maintenance work
Isle of Wight – VDOT crews have scheduled multiple lane closures in each direction at the Route 17 James River Bridge (JRB) during the evenings of Wednesday, Feb. 27, and Thursday, Feb. 28, and the weekend of Friday, March 1, in order for crews to perform bridge maintenance.
The schedule is as follows:
Wednesday, Feb. 27, from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m.—one northbound lane closed (toward Newport News)
Wednesday, Feb. 27, from 11 p.m. until Thursday, Feb. 28 at 4 a.m.—both northbound lanes closed to traffic (toward Newport News)
Thursday, Feb. 28, from 8 p.m. until Friday, Mar. 1, at 1 a.m.—one southbound lane closed (toward Isle of Wight County)
Friday, Mar. 1, from 1 a.m. until 3 a.m.—both southbound lanes closed to traffic (toward Isle of Wight County)
In addition to the weeknight closures, single-lane, weekend closures are scheduled for both the northbound and southbound lanes. Beginning, Friday, Mar. 1, at 9 p.m., through Monday, Mar. 4, at 5 a.m., the left lane in both directions will be closed to traffic.
The right lane in each direction will remain open to traffic. Work is weather dependent.
Motorists should anticipate delays in both directions and avoid the area if possible. During the closures the I-664 Monitor-Merrimac Memorial Bridge-Tunnel can be used as an alternate route.
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Man accused of stealing from dying friend now a fugitive
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- Police investigating after man claiming workers' comp treated day before for sports injury
- UPDATE: Train derailment near Princess Anne Road and Ballentine Blvd. in Norfolk