Naval Station Norfolk participates in Citadel Shield exercise
Norfolk, Va. – Naval Station Norfolk will participate in Exercise CITADEL SHIELD 2013 which will be conducted on naval bases and installations throughout the continental United States from February 19 to March 1.
This annual exercise is designed to enhance the training and readiness of Navy Security Forces to respond to threats to installations and units.
Exercise CITADEL SHIELD 2013 is not in response to any specific threat, but is a regularly-scheduled exercise.
Measures have been taken to minimize disruptions to normal base and station operations, but there may be times when the exercise causes increased traffic around bases or delays in base access.
Area residents may also see increased security activity associated with the exercise.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Girl receives over 200 stitches in her head after vicious pit bull attack in Newport News
- Slain officer's text messages will be evidence at murder trial
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home