Lawmakers take issue with ranking of drone medal
A bill has been proposed in Congress that would stop the Defense Department from establishing the Distinguished Warfare Medal for drone operators as an award that ranks higher than the Bronze Star or Purple Heart.
The DOD has been criticized since it announced where the new medal would rank.
The bill could end up as an amendment to next year’s defense authorization bill
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video
- Suffolk mom targeted by online child porn scam
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket