Lawmakers take issue with ranking of drone medal
A bill has been proposed in Congress that would stop the Defense Department from establishing the Distinguished Warfare Medal for drone operators as an award that ranks higher than the Bronze Star or Purple Heart.
The DOD has been criticized since it announced where the new medal would rank.
The bill could end up as an amendment to next year’s defense authorization bill
- Hampton Roads veterans still waiting up to 30 months for disability claims
- You're eating more calories than you think
- Dolphins surf new submarine's bow wave (video)
- Beach stabbing victim: 'The knife was just in my back, like a ninja' (Video)
- College student from Yorktown wins $1 million lottery prize