Lawmakers take issue with ranking of drone medal
A bill has been proposed in Congress that would stop the Defense Department from establishing the Distinguished Warfare Medal for drone operators as an award that ranks higher than the Bronze Star or Purple Heart.
The DOD has been criticized since it announced where the new medal would rank.
The bill could end up as an amendment to next year’s defense authorization bill
- Cargo ship runs aground in high winds off Virginia Beach
- UPDATE: Police identify two children dead after multi-vehicle crash in Sandbridge
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- VIDEO: Why it's not a good idea to take selfies with moving trains