Air Force One lands at Langley AFB
President Obama greeted service members Tuesday after touching down at Langley Airforce Base just before noon.
Today starting First at Four, NewsChannel 3′s Laurie Simmons will have details on this story.
President Obama takes his case to avert the looming budget sequester to Newport News Shipbuilding today.
If the White House and House Republicans do not reach an agreement by March 1, automatic spending cuts will kick in that would likely impact many jobs at the shipyard.
The shipyard, a division of Huntington Ingalls Industries, has a supplier base in all 50 states, many of which are small businesses that rely solely on Newport News Shipbuilding for their business.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- UPDATE: Crews free stuck cargo ship