Two locally-based Navy divers die conducting diving operations in Maryland
Two locally-sailors have died while conducting diving operations in Maryland on Tuesday.
According to Lt. Potter, the two sailors were a part of Mobile Diving and Salvage Unit Two stationed at Joint Expeditionary Base Little Creek Fort Story.
One diver was declared dead at the scene. The second was transported to a local medical facility where he was later pronounced dead.
The Navy has not released their names yet. Officials are now conducting an investigation.
- Cargo ship runs aground in high winds off Virginia Beach
- One dead, eight hurt in multi-vehicle crash in Sandbridge
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- VIDEO: Why it's not a good idea to take selfies with moving trains