Two locally-based Navy divers die conducting diving operations in Maryland
Two locally-sailors have died while conducting diving operations in Maryland on Tuesday.
According to Lt. Potter, the two sailors were a part of Mobile Diving and Salvage Unit Two stationed at Joint Expeditionary Base Little Creek Fort Story.
One diver was declared dead at the scene. The second was transported to a local medical facility where he was later pronounced dead.
The Navy has not released their names yet. Officials are now conducting an investigation.
- Mom forces bullying daughter to don thrift store threads
- Update: Police officer kills man at Norfolk Wells Fargo; deceased suspect identified
- Two FBI agents killed in training accident in Virginia Beach
- 911 calls released after man is dragged under car for miles
- $1 Million Powerball ticket sold in Virginia