Two locally-based Navy divers die conducting diving operations in Maryland
Two locally-sailors have died while conducting diving operations in Maryland on Tuesday.
According to Lt. Potter, the two sailors were a part of Mobile Diving and Salvage Unit Two stationed at Joint Expeditionary Base Little Creek Fort Story.
One diver was declared dead at the scene. The second was transported to a local medical facility where he was later pronounced dead.
The Navy has not released their names yet. Officials are now conducting an investigation.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel