Two locally-based Navy divers die conducting diving operations in Maryland
Two locally-sailors have died while conducting diving operations in Maryland on Tuesday.
According to Lt. Potter, the two sailors were a part of Mobile Diving and Salvage Unit Two stationed at Joint Expeditionary Base Little Creek Fort Story.
One diver was declared dead at the scene. The second was transported to a local medical facility where he was later pronounced dead.
The Navy has not released their names yet. Officials are now conducting an investigation.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- ‘Little hero’ uses Facetime to save his mom