Police search for shooter on campus of Coastal Carolina University
The shooter was being sought, she said.
“The shooting is not ongoing,” the dean of students’ Twitter page said. “Police continue to search for one suspect. Stay indoors.”
More than 9,000 students attend the school, which is located on 630 acres about 15 miles northwest of Myrtle Beach.
Coastal Carolina University was founded in 1954 as Coastal Carolina Junior College. It became an independent university in 1993.
Tune in to NewsChannel 3 at 11 for more updates.
- FBI agent kills alleged friend of Boston bombers in Orlando
- Woman and roommate accused of trying to cause miscarriage
- Gay Florida teenager faces charges over her underage girlfriend
- Suffolk mother sentenced after mooning bus full of kids
- Man shot and killed after pinning James City County police officer between cars