Man charged after being accused of firing gun out window
Virginia Beach, Va. – Trevor Snowden didn’t want to answer NewsChannel 3′s questions after police say he fired his gun out his window without knowing where or who he was shooting.
The shooting happened Saturday night around 10:30.
Police say Snowden saw two masked men try to creep into his Mango Drive home through his bedroom window.
Snowden told police the two suspects pointed a gun at him and told him to leave and close his bedroom door.
Police say Snowden then grabbed a shotgun in another room and started shooting through his door.
He then fired several shots out his bedroom window into the area around his house.
“I was doing laundry and I heard a pop,” said neighbor Casey Marios. “And my mom ran out here and we saw cops cars sitting out front across the street.”
Snowden wouldn’t tell NewsChannel 3 if he knew the two masked men that came into his home or what they were looking for.
Police say the 22-year-old was reckless in his use of a firearm, firing without knowing where his target was located.
- Home invasion, then a break-in at Chesapeake home
- 339 gallons of moonshine, 18 weapons seized from Danville ranch
- Portsmouth man accused of assaulting woman, leaving infant in woods
- Facebook comments may have led to at least one of the Eastern Shore arsons
- Hampton man who died after being placed in emergency custody identified