I-264 EB at Berkley Bridge to close for maintenance
Norfolk, Va.–Starting this weekend on March 3rd, crews will close I-264 EB at the Berkley Bridge from 4 a.m. to 10 a.m. for maintenance.
During the closure, drivers are encouraged to use the I-64 High Rise Bridge or US Route 58 Midtown Tunnel as alternate routes. The South Norfolk Jordan Bridge in Chesapeake can also be used as an alternate route.
Officials say WB traffic will not be affected.
Crews will also perform work on the bridge span on the following days from 4 a.m. to 10 a.m.:
Sunday, March 10, 2013- All eastbound lanes closed at the Berkley Bridge (from Portsmouth towards Norfolk)
Sunday, March 24, 2013- All westbound lanes closed at the Berkley Bridge (from Norfolk towards Portsmouth)
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for more updates.
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video
- Suffolk mom targeted by online child porn scam
- Couple calls 911 after they don't get hash brown order at McDonald's