Beach tutor wins $1 million in Virginia Lottery
Flickr user: Images of money
Virginia Beach, Va. –There’s a first time for everything, and for one Beach woman, she’s one million dollars richer after playing the Virginia Lottery Scratcher game for the first time.
Tamika Pittman played Million Dollar Cash Spectacular at a Sav-A-Ton on Bonney Road in Virginia Beach.
She purchased the ticket when she stopped for gas on her way to work.
Pittman could have taken $1 million over 25 years, but she opted for the cash option of $653, 000 before taxes.
Pittman said after she discovered she had won, no one in her family believed her.
- Update: Police officer kills man at Norfolk Wells Fargo; deceased suspect identified
- Mom forces bullying daughter to don thrift store threads
- Man shot and killed after pinning James City County police officer between two cars
- Virginia Beach man charged with wife's murder
- Two-mile-wide tornado kills at least 51, including 7 elementary school students