Beach tutor wins $1 million in Virginia Lottery
Flickr user: Images of money
Virginia Beach, Va. –There’s a first time for everything, and for one Beach woman, she’s one million dollars richer after playing the Virginia Lottery Scratcher game for the first time.
Tamika Pittman played Million Dollar Cash Spectacular at a Sav-A-Ton on Bonney Road in Virginia Beach.
She purchased the ticket when she stopped for gas on her way to work.
Pittman could have taken $1 million over 25 years, but she opted for the cash option of $653, 000 before taxes.
Pittman said after she discovered she had won, no one in her family believed her.
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket