Beach tutor wins $1 million in Virginia Lottery
Flickr user: Images of money
Virginia Beach, Va. –There’s a first time for everything, and for one Beach woman, she’s one million dollars richer after playing the Virginia Lottery Scratcher game for the first time.
Tamika Pittman played Million Dollar Cash Spectacular at a Sav-A-Ton on Bonney Road in Virginia Beach.
She purchased the ticket when she stopped for gas on her way to work.
Pittman could have taken $1 million over 25 years, but she opted for the cash option of $653, 000 before taxes.
Pittman said after she discovered she had won, no one in her family believed her.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home
- UPDATE: Company says ailing 7-year-old will get drug as part of study
- UPDATE: Man shot to death in car in Portsmouth identified