Beach tutor wins $1 million in Virginia Lottery
Flickr user: Images of money
Virginia Beach, Va. –There’s a first time for everything, and for one Beach woman, she’s one million dollars richer after playing the Virginia Lottery Scratcher game for the first time.
Tamika Pittman played Million Dollar Cash Spectacular at a Sav-A-Ton on Bonney Road in Virginia Beach.
She purchased the ticket when she stopped for gas on her way to work.
Pittman could have taken $1 million over 25 years, but she opted for the cash option of $653, 000 before taxes.
Pittman said after she discovered she had won, no one in her family believed her.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- One person rushed to hospital after double shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'