Vacant home burns in Suffolk
Suffolk, Va. – Suffolk Fire & Rescue crews were dispatched Thursday evening to the 500 block of Battery Avenue for a reported structure fire.
The call was received by dispatch at 10:48 p.m., and units arrived on scene at 10:53 p.m. to find heavy smoke and flames coming from the rear of the single-story structure.
The home was vacant and was under renovation, officials say.
An additional engine was requested by firefighters due to the close proximity of neighboring homes, both of which also sustained fire exposure damage.
There were no injuries, and no one was displaced as a result of the fire.
Watch NewsChannel 3 for updates as they are released.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen