Man behind bars after demanding refund from Norfolk car dealership at gunpoint
Norfolk, Va. – A customer upset with a used car lot in Norfolk is now in jail. Police say he showed up with a gun.
24-year-old James Whitehurst demanded a refund from Dynasty Auto Sales on North Military Highway.
He wanted a total of $2,600. Police say Whitehurst had a gun and a bulletproof vest.
Employees say they started scrambling and were able to come up with $2,000. They promised they would have the rest the next day.
Police say Whitehurst decided to take that and leave.
Whitehurst faces several charges – including robbery, and use or display of a firearm in commission of a felony.
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- UPDATE: Train derailment near Princess Anne Road and Ballentine Blvd. in Norfolk
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- VB Navy SEAL arrested for selling military weapons, ammunition
- Dominion Blvd. emergency closure in place