Man behind bars after demanding refund from Norfolk car dealership at gunpoint
Norfolk, Va. – A customer upset with a used car lot in Norfolk is now in jail. Police say he showed up with a gun.
24-year-old James Whitehurst demanded a refund from Dynasty Auto Sales on North Military Highway.
He wanted a total of $2,600. Police say Whitehurst had a gun and a bulletproof vest.
Employees say they started scrambling and were able to come up with $2,000. They promised they would have the rest the next day.
Police say Whitehurst decided to take that and leave.
Whitehurst faces several charges – including robbery, and use or display of a firearm in commission of a felony.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen