James River Bridge work cancelled this weekend
ISLE OF WIGHT – The Route 17 James River Bridge (JRB) will remain open to vehicular traffic this weekend, Friday, Feb. 22, through Monday, Feb. 25.
The maintenance work that had been scheduled for the weekend has been cancelled due to inclement weather conditions.
The maintenance work has been rescheduled for the weekend of Friday, Mar. 1, beginning at 9 p.m., and continuing through Monday, Mar. 4, at 5 a.m., weather conditions permitting.
The left lane in each direction of the bridge will be closed to traffic while crews perform maintenance work. The north – and southbound right lanes will remain open to traffic. Motorists should anticipate delays in both directions, avoid the area if possible, and use the I-664 Monitor-Merrimac Memorial Bridge-Tunnel as an alternate route.
Motorists are encouraged to call 511 or the Traffic Information Line at 757-361-3016, visit http://www.511virginia.org, or listen to Highway Advisory Radio (HAR) 1680 AM for current traffic and travel information.
- Home invasion, then a break-in at Chesapeake home
- 339 gallons of moonshine, 18 weapons seized from Danville ranch
- Portsmouth man accused of assaulting woman, leaving infant in woods
- Facebook comments may have led to at least one of the Eastern Shore arsons
- Hampton man who died after being placed in emergency custody identified