James River Bridge work cancelled this weekend
ISLE OF WIGHT – The Route 17 James River Bridge (JRB) will remain open to vehicular traffic this weekend, Friday, Feb. 22, through Monday, Feb. 25.
The maintenance work that had been scheduled for the weekend has been cancelled due to inclement weather conditions.
The maintenance work has been rescheduled for the weekend of Friday, Mar. 1, beginning at 9 p.m., and continuing through Monday, Mar. 4, at 5 a.m., weather conditions permitting.
The left lane in each direction of the bridge will be closed to traffic while crews perform maintenance work. The north – and southbound right lanes will remain open to traffic. Motorists should anticipate delays in both directions, avoid the area if possible, and use the I-664 Monitor-Merrimac Memorial Bridge-Tunnel as an alternate route.
Motorists are encouraged to call 511 or the Traffic Information Line at 757-361-3016, visit http://www.511virginia.org, or listen to Highway Advisory Radio (HAR) 1680 AM for current traffic and travel information.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time