Virginia Beach facility for disabled adults to be featured on The Steve Harvey Show
Virginia Beach, Va. – A local community for intellectually disabled adults will be featured on The Steve Harvey Show this week.
Vanguard Landing will receive national recognition for the efforts of the Founder/Executive Director and the Team for leading the way to create the community for adults with mild to moderate intellectual disabilities.
Vanguard Landing is a private, 501(c)3 non-profit, self-sustaining residential community in Virginia Beach for adults with mild to moderate intellectual disabilities. The facility programming addresses residents’ life skills, continuing education, job skill development, meaningful employment both on and off campus, fitness, social skills, leisure time utilization, expressive arts, friendships and continued family and community involvement.
The community is modeled after similar communities in other states, all of which are succeeding and prospering with waiting lists, according to the facility website.
- UPDATE: Two girls die after crash in Sandbridge, five others hospitalized
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- The real story behind the ‘train selfie’ and the man kicked in head by ‘conductor’