Mother of two girls rescued from burning Norfolk home charged with child neglect
Norfolk, VA. – According to the Norfolk Fire Department, two young girls were hurt in a fire in Norfolk in the 1000 block of Mahone Avenue in the Berkley section of the city. It happened Wednesday night at 11:05 p.m.
Now the mother of the children has been arrested and charged with two counts of child neglect.
She has been identified as Precious Wright. She was arrested on Thursday.
Both children, ages 3 and 7, were rushed to the hospital with injuries.
There was fire and smoke on the first and second floors. Firefighters then searched and found the children on the second floor.
Neighbors tell NewsChannel 3 the girls will recover.
NF Fire Marshall: fire began on 1st floor then moved quickly, both kids, 3yo & 7yo were unconscious when rescued from burning home on Mahone—
Darragh Copley (@DarraghatWTKR) February 21, 2013
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Man wants ‘murder’ tattoo removed from neck before trial
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found