Swan Quarter–Ocracoke Ferry Route to return to normal schedule
According to NCDOT, the Swan Quarter-Ocracoke ferry route will return to its normal schedule in anticipation of the start of an alternate route for the Hatteras-Ocracoke ferry as early as tomorrow.
Residents and vendors will continue to ride toll exempt today because the Hatteras-Ocracoke alternate route is not operating yet. Once the alternate route is open, the exemption will end.
Crews are testing the alternate route to make sure it is safe
Once the testing is complete and the Coast Guard gives the okay, service can start.
Here is the schedule through May 20:
• Swan Quarter to Ocracoke: 10 a.m., 4 p.m.
• Ocracoke to Swan Quarter: 7 a.m., 12:30 p.m.
• Cedar Island to Ocracoke: 7:30 a.m., 10 a.m., 4 p.m.
• Ocracoke to Cedar Island: 7:30 a.m., 1 p.m., 4 p.m.
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- UPDATE: Train derailment near Princess Anne Road and Ballentine Blvd. in Norfolk
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Dominion Blvd. emergency closure in place
- Grandy EMT allegedly hid camera in bunk room, Radio Shack tanning booth