70-80 cats found in rented building in Pasquotank County
Pasquotank Co., NC – NewsChannel 3 is working to find more information on a possible illegal cat rescue in Pasquotank.
On Wednesday, the Pasquotank County Sheriff’s Office received information on a possible illegal cat rescue that had been operating out of a rented building in the 1900 Block of Nixonton Road.
After investigating and entering the building, officials say there are between 70 and 80 cats being housed at this location by a couple now living in Chowan County.
The Sheriff’s Office is working with the SPCA and the DA’s office on the relocation of the cats. Officials say when the investigation is complete, the DA’s office will determine what charge can be pursued.
Officials say anyone interested in assisting the SPCA with donations for the cats can contact the SPCA at 338-5222.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Man wants ‘murder’ tattoo removed from neck before trial
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found