Police presence to be increased Friday at Smithfield High after rumors about hit list
There will be an increased presence Friday morning at Smithfield High School.
There were rumors swirling that there was a hit list and there was going to be a shooting at the school.
A spokesperson for Isle of Wight Schools says the principal and his administration team worked with police and conducted a thorough investigation and found the threat rumors were unfounded.
Friday’s extra police presence is just going to be a precaution to ease parents’ fears.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home
- UPDATE: Company says ailing 7-year-old will get drug as part of study
- UPDATE: Man shot to death in car in Portsmouth identified