Update: Coast Guard suspends search for missing man
Cape Hatteras, NC–The Coast Guard has now suspended the search for a man who they say reportedly fell overboard from a boat about 50 miles east of Cape Hatteras, North Carolina.
The Coast Guard was notified at 10:30 a.m. about the 33-year-old crew member who was missing from the Ice River, a 478-foot merchant vessel.
The Ice River crew has resumed their voyage to the Panama Canal.
The Coast Guard and Navy searched approximately 4,430 square miles for more than 10 hours.
Stay with us for more updates.
- Cargo ship runs aground in high winds off Virginia Beach
- UPDATE: Police identify two children dead after multi-vehicle crash in Sandbridge
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call