Update: Coast Guard suspends search for missing man
Cape Hatteras, NC–The Coast Guard has now suspended the search for a man who they say reportedly fell overboard from a boat about 50 miles east of Cape Hatteras, North Carolina.
The Coast Guard was notified at 10:30 a.m. about the 33-year-old crew member who was missing from the Ice River, a 478-foot merchant vessel.
The Ice River crew has resumed their voyage to the Panama Canal.
The Coast Guard and Navy searched approximately 4,430 square miles for more than 10 hours.
Stay with us for more updates.
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time
- Father and son among three arrested in Kitty Hawk drug investigation
- Family, friends gather to remember two girls killed in Ahoskie fire; two others injured
- South Carolina mother drives van filled with kids into ocean